My Lovely Followers

Saturday 15 July 2017

MFT Stamps - Jungle Gym


Hello!

I hope you are all having a great weekend so far. It's bright and warm here but a little overcast.

My order of goodies from the July release for My Favorite Things came yesterday, and since the other half was out for the evening, I couldn't resist having a bit of a play right away.

I made a few cards last night and this morning, and today I'm sharing a little card I made with the Jungle Gym stamp set and matching Die-namics.

This is such a sweet set with some great sentiments as well.

Firstly I stamped the images I wanted to use on some Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper and coloured them with my Zig Markers. Now don't faint people but I have the colours for you today!

Tiger: Light Brown, Gray and Dark Gray
Monkey: Oatmeal and Dark Oatmeal
Bird: Light Blue, Cobalt Blue and Persian Blue
Leaves: Green and Deep Green

I cut these out with the matching dies and set them aside while I worked on my card base.

I took another piece of Bristol Smooth paper and used both the original MFT Stamps Cloud Stencil, plus the new Mini Cloud Stencil along with Peacock Feathers and Broken China Distress Oxide ink and a blending tool, to create a sky. I cut this out with the large rectangle die from Blueprints 20 and also cut out a window with the Square Peek a boo window die, making sure to keep the square that was cut out.

I used the Grassy Edges die-namics to cut 2 layers of grass, one from Limelight Cardstock and one from Gumdrop Cardstock, I ran the limelight 'grass' through my Big Shot with the same rectangle die so that it matched the rest of my base then adhered both strips to the bottom edged.

I laid out the rectangle on my card base and adhered the cut out square to my card base through the whole, then I popped the rectangle up on some foam tape, after attaching the swing to the back.

I added my figures with some thin foam tape. To finish I stamped a sentiment from the set onto a scrap of limelight cardstock, cutting it out with a banner from the Stitched Sentiment Strips and trimmed it to fit, attaching it to the top of my window with a little more foam tape.

I hope you like my card and I'll have some more from the new release to share with you soon.

Thanks for visiting!



3 comments:

  1. Such cute little characters and a fabulous card - I can see you had fun playing with your new stash.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly sweet and wonderfully designed card!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx