My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Technique Tuesday # 19 Watercolouring

Hello!

Recently I bought a palette of 6 Gansai Tambi watercolours called 'Starry Colours'

These are all iridescent gold toned colours and I thought it might be fun to colour a card with them using all 6 shades.

So first I stamped the MFT Etched Flower background stamp with Versamark ink on some watercolour paper and heat embossed with white embossing powder.

Then I set to with my watercolours, I did use all 6 colours, some more sparingly than others.


Once it was fully dry I gave it a light rub over with some absorbent paper to make the white pop and then cut the frame shape around the edge and cut out the word love with a die. I cut 4 more words in some white cardstock and set everything aside.

I stamped the Happy Anniversary sentiment with Versamark on some lustre gold card and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder.


Then I made a US A2 size horizontal top folding card base in smooth white cardstock and started to build my card.

I glued the central piece in the middle of my card and then popped up the frame around the edge with some foam tape.
I glued all the layers of my word together, finishing with the stamped and watercoloured layer on the top. I then glued these stacked letters back into my background in the spaces cut out by the die (do make sure you keep any little pieces like the space in the centre of the O when you die cut the word, as you will need to glue those back in to make your card seamless).

I cut my sentiment out and popped that up on my card with some foam tape underneath my camouflaged word die.

I finished off with a few gold and clear sequins.

I used the following items on my card:

Smooth White Cardstock
Hot Pressed Watercolour Cardstock
Versamark Ink
Detail White Embossing Powder
MFT Etched Flower Background Stamp
Gansai Tambi Starry Nights Palette
MFT Pierced Rectangle Frames
MFT Happy Greetings Die Set
MFT Essential Sentiments Stamp Set
Gold Lustre Card Stock
Champagne Sequin Mix


2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so amazing and unique! Stunning creation!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx