My Lovely Followers

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Add a Charm at Deep Ocean Challenge

Happy Tuesday! Well sadly I was back at work today and still feeling quite poorly, but it could have been worse, at least I didn't fall ill while I was away on holiday! Anyhooooo I'm here because we have a new challenge over at DOC and this time it's 'Add a Charm', dead easy right? I've had this feather charm in my stash for so long that the shop I bought it from doesn't seem to stock it anymore, oh well at least it's getting used now.

This is also kind of my last GDT post for Saturated Canary. We received some images just before I went away on my hols, but while I got her coloured up, I just ran out of time to make a post, so I'm sharing her now, full details on where to purchase her as well as links to most other items used are at the end of my post.
This is called Night Lights, isn't she lovely? She actually comes as a full size image with tree branches and Chinese style lanterns, but I printed her out bigger and cropped her for my card.
I did make sure I got all of that gorgeous hair in though!


I coloured her with Distres Ink and Spectrum Aquatint markers.
Skin: Vintage Photo, Spice (SA)
Hair: Slate (SA), Charcoal (SA), Black (SA)
Outfit: Teal (SA), Pumice Stone & Sakura Clear Star Pen
The beautiful 7 Dots Studio papers came in a mixed box of papers, it's a very cheap way to buy a lot of different paper, ideal if you want to make something quite paper intensive like a mini album, and a great way of trying something different to your usual style. The have all been edged with Black Soot Distress Ink. I used a combination of Pumice stone and Black Soot Distress Inks to make the shadow around the frame and coloured some small gems in shades of aqua, black and grey to add a little sparkle and interest.

Items Used
5 mm A/S Gems

The rest of the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the narrow spotty ribbon is from Stampin' Up and was a gift from my crafty friend Susie. The shape of the card was made with a Go Kreate die.

This card is available to buy on my Etsy store

ETSY

I hope you like my card today and that it has inspired you to join our challenge. Don't forget to check out the rest of the talented design teams makes here, they're pretty amazing!

Enjoy the rest of your week! :) xx

10 comments:

  1. Wow I love this colour combo, black and aqua really has a great impact. A gorgeous image from Saturated Canary with that beautiful hair which you have captured wonderfully with your colouring. Hope you feel better soon.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is stunning linda hope your doing well

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful card
    very nice details and colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card and details, Linda! Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning! This is a gorgeous card in perfect colour combo. I love using aqua on my cards.
    One thing I noticed the first is those stunning black hair. I'll try colouring them the way you do it, because mine always look like 70 year's old. lol
    Have a lovely day, it's going to be a hot one here.
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card!!! And those beautiful flowers and matching papers... And of course the colored image!! I love the black distressing at the edges here, adds an addition "charm" :)

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning i love the colours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Beautiful coloring and lovely details.
    Hugs, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, this is gorgeous and so striking!! Love the colours and the image is just beautiful, I adore her hair! I hope you are feeling better and you enjoyed your holiday!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, Linda, this is fabulous. So gorgeous and I really like the colours too. Hope you feel better and have a fabby weekend x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx