My Lovely Followers

Saturday 15 November 2014

Little Garden Sally, GDT for Art by Mi Ran


Happy Saturday everyone!. I'm here with my 2nd GDT post for ArtbyMiRan and I thought I'd make something in complete contrast to my other make just to show how versatile these stamps can be. 

This is Little Garden Sally, isn't she the sweetest thing?  You can buy her here in Mi Ran's Etsy store here, I just love her to bits.

I went for a very soft and subtle look and coloured her with distress ink markers, I've listed the colours below.  Then I made a bit of a shabby chic card to frame her and I'm really pleased with how this turned out.


Papers used are Vintage Garden by Pion Design, and I used some elements from the sheets to add some interest.  All papers have been inked with Walnut Stain distress ink.


Here's a close up of the stamp.  I just love that sweet little outfit and I decided to give the apron and hair bow some little white polka dots with my Posca pen. I would have added some green Polka dot ribbon to match, but sadly I was all out and I didn't get time to order more in.

Colours used:

Skin - Tattered Rose, Tea Dye, Spun Sugar
Hair - Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs
Outfit - Spun Sugar, Peeled Paint
Watering can, grass and background: Pumice stone,  Peeled Paint, Weathered Wood.

I added lots of lovely goodies from the Ribbon Girl which were perfect for this card.


I popped some cheesecloth between my layers to soften them and add to the shabby chic style and added some lovely flowers, and lace, pearls and a watering can charm from my stash.


Some beautiful pink satin ribbon makes a lovely bow and I added this snail button from my stash for a little quirky garden themed touch.


The inside I decorated quite simply with a 6 x 6 piece from the same collection. Finally I added a few touched of Gesso here and there to finish off  the shabby chic feel.

Products used:

White Opal Liquid Pearls

This card is for sale in my Etsy shop, link below

ETSY

I hope you like my make for today and don't forget you can see new inspiration every day on the blog. If you love to create with these gorgeous images there's also a new challenge each month on the challenge blog here and you can also share your creations with us all on the Facebook group page here.

Have fun and I'll be back with you again on Tuesday! :) xx



10 comments:

  1. This is stunning Linda, such a sweet image and your soft colouring is perfect. I love the papers and all your detailing is so beautiful.
    I hope you are having a good weekend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Linda! Love the sweet extra touches you used such as the watering can and snail. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An extreme contrast to yesterdays card but equally as gorgeous.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. And so you should be pleases, it is utterly stunning. Love the soft colours, beautiful papers and your wonderful stitching.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is just plain Beautiful! Love the soft pinks and that Very Adorable Snail! Enjoy your Week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous card, I love the shabby chic feel. Such a sweet image too!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally rocked this soft and elegant look. Your card looks amazing! The colour combo, the image,those vintage images and all the beautiful details all add up to the perfect result. Stunning! hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx