My Lovely Followers

Monday 28 July 2014

Singing Marci gets a bit of Hollywood Glam

Good Morning everyone, I hope you all had a lovely weekend and if you are in the UK you enjoyed the beautiful weather we had.

This week at La-La Land Crafts our theme is Anything Goes.  Easy I hear you say, well you would think so but it's been so hot and humid here recently that I must admit the mojo and the motivation have been severely lacking lol.  So lacking a single idea of what I wanted to make, I turned to Pinterest and started making myself an inspiration board, you can see it here.  I clicked when I saw some Hollywood Glam boards, this I thought would be just the thing for Singing Marci, and there it was, my Mojo, alive and kicking even in the sticky heat.

So from the board I took the black and gold with a touch of the red and white and lots of sparkle and shine. I used the new lattice border and doily border and covered them with gold embossing powder for that Old Hollywood Glam feel. 


I coloured her with my Copics to match the theme, I've listed the colours I used below.


Copics:
Skin: E11, E21, E00, E000, R20
Hair: E50, E51, E40, E42, E44
Outfit and Microphone: YR20, YR21, YR23, YR24, W9. W7, W5, W3, W1, R59, R46, R35



Of course since it's Hollywood we had to have some film in there too, so I added some Tim Holtz  film strip ribbon and a film strip sentiment stamp and die from Whimsy. The wonderful gold bling was a gift from the wonderfully sweet Irina Blount, I'm so lucky I have the BEST DT bosses :)


I added lace, rosebuds and some beautiful gold organza ribbon all from The Ribbon Girl. The lovely square diamante embellishment is from The Handcrafted Card Company, it was just clear but I did one of my favourite tricks with Copics and coloured the centre gem to match the card. The red and black roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I used lashings of black stickles on my musical notes to make them sparkle.


I used the following La-La Land items on my card.


These all are (or will be) available at Dies to Die for in the UK.

Well that's for today, I'll see you again tomorrow with my regular Dies to Die for post, have fun! : ) x x 

10 comments:

  1. Linda you really got in to the theme of this Hollywood card didn't you. Every little detail, each one stunning in it's own right, comes together to make an absolute beauty of a card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is positively breathtaking!! Looove all the dets and the coloring is perfect!!

    TFS!
    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, love the image and the glam feel with those rich colours. Am now a follower and would love you to follow me too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glam is definitely the right way to describe this card - gorgeous colour scheme and fabulous bling :-)

    Hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is a star, Linda! Lovely matching of colors and papers, even the tiniest element is in the right place here. Great inspiration board, sometimes we're all stuck with our ideas. Have a nice week!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning. I love it. Have become a follower. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic design - definitely a glam colour scheme! Love your fabulous details.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow this is positively stunning! She looks so glamorous. I love the colour combo too! The whole card has a real elegance about it.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Looooove the deep Rich Colours of this Fabulous Card! Your Jewells finish her of nicely!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx