My Lovely Followers

Sunday 30 March 2014

CAS for Totally Tilda

Happy Sunday everyone, I do hope you're enjoying your weekend, the weather here has been pretty poor, so I've been beavering away in my craft room trying to get ahead on DT work, so that when (optimist here) the good weather does arrive I can drop everything and just enjoy it!

Anyhoo....enough of the weather (can you tell I'm British lol), and on with the reason I'm here today, and that's t share our new challenge over at Totally Tilda.

Our challenge this week is CAS! Yup that's right, we want to see your Clean and Simple creations.
Now I'll admit right away that this is not my strong suit, I love looking at good CAS cards, done right they can be stunning, but I don't do them well, I always want to titivate lol, so I don't make them. 
Still I gave it my best shot and made my first proper CAS card.

Now as all who have followed me for a while know, I like to give myself a challenge from time to time and another thing I had on my list of things to try my hand at was.......no lines colouring.
Yup I do like to make things hard for myself don't I? 
I did stamp this is London Fog, which was a colour recommended for this, but I think I will try to go even lighter next time as you can still see some lines on the lighter parts of the colouring.



I chose to use Handy Tilda, because I made this for my Dad's birthday in May.  He's retired now but he used to be a Shopfitter and was a trained Cabinet Maker and Joiner, and I used to have pretty frizzy hair when I was a child, so I thought this image would be perfect to use for him.  The papers are both sides of one sheet of Maja Design from the Fika Collection. I thought these hammer and saw  charms were just what was needed and strung them simply on a little twine.  I chose a really simple sentiment and the only other embellishment (unless you count my stitching) is a few Tim Holtz brads which look like screws and finish off the theme.


Here's a close up of the colouring, I think I should have detailed those screws a bit more.

Do pop over to the blog and take a look at the rest of the DTs CAS work, there are some stunners there from some CAS experts (which I'm not lol).

Our lovely sponsor this week is 



So come on and have a go, if I can do it anyone can!







8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Linda, such a sweet image and your no lines colouring looks amazing. I love the papers and the charms and brads are the perfect embellishments.
    I hope you have a good day.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, this is absolutely fabulous!! And can I just say that I for one, have loved having you with us at Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!! You have been a wonderful addition to the group and your work is a real inspiration!! I hope you'll be back! Hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing how many embellishments you usually incorporate in your cards I can see where a CAS challenge is out of your comfort zone but I think you have done a fantastic job of it. To also throw in the challenge of no-line stamping to test you even further? - you must be a glutton for punishment. I tried it not too long ago and it was soooo difficult I gave up and drew over the lines with my copic multi-liner and started again, lol. Tilda looks fabulous in her dungarees and I love the creases and folds you have coloured in them, looks like you made the most of your short crafty holiday earlier last week. Enjoy your Mother's Day.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have done an amazing job of the colouring!! Love the papers and embellishments too!
    Hope you enjoyed your time off.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - interesting background here! :)
    Have a sweet day, girl...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Linda...lovely sweet and oh so pretty card, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a Fun Image to colour up and Lovin' that Background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet creation! Love all embellishments! Your colouring is awesome!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx