My Lovely Followers

Thursday 9 January 2014

Sneaky Tilda at Marvelous Magnolia

A big hello to my lovely followers old and new :) Talking of new...have you seen that I have almost 100 followers now? I'm soooo excited!  I think I will probably say thank you with a little Candy when that happens.   Also I will have some big news for you next weekend but I can't say anything for now so you'll have to wait till the 18th/19th.  Also I've been asked by several people to do a tutorial for the book card I posted this week.  As I work full time at a teaching hospital during the week and have a 90 minute journey both to and from work, I find it hard to fit in the time to craft even some weeks, so I haven't had time to do any tutorials this far, but I have a week off work on the 10th February, so i do plan on making one then.  It will be nothing fancy, just a step by step with photos, I'm not quite brave enough for video yet! lol

Anyhoo....enough waffling. The reason I'm here today is to share my card for Marvelous Magnolia's new challenge.  It's a very easy one, lovely lace, and from this challenge onwards we're changing to a 2 week challenge, so you will have 2 weeks to enter, so there, you have no excuse now! Hehe.

This is what I made, as usual I ended up covering a lot of my lace with other embellishments, but you can see there is a lovely purple lace and a crocheted lace with a velvet trim. So if you're like me, do make sure that we can see your lace so you qualify for the theme : )


I used the beautiful Maja Design papers, Fika collection.


This is Sneaky Tilda, one of my stamps I got for Christmas. I loved the papers so much I decided to paper piece her outfit to match! A little glamour dust for sparkle and a touch of Aged Wine frantage to frame her.


See I did still leave some lace exposed! lol 


I decorated the inside to match too.  Most of my embellishments on this card are from one of our sponsors this week.
They're offering a £10 voucher to our winner.



Welcome to the Ribbon Girl - to help your craft budget go further we always sell our buttons, flowers, diamantes, pearls, flatbacks, crystal stems, charms and embellishments in small quantities so you can mix and match with more choice! Seam binding is sold in 5 metre bundles. Divine Bakers Twine and button twine in 10 metre bundles. All of our beautiful ribbon and lace is sold by the metre and when you need more than one, we supply in a continuous length whenever possible.

We also have another 2 sponsors!


and 



So that's 3 fab prizes for you to win!


Do pop over to our blog and give the other girls in the DT some love, they've made some wonderful creations to inspire you, and why not join in with us, it's an easy challenge and you have 2 weeks to get your entries in! 

Enjoy the rest of your day : ) xx

I'm entering the following challenges:


13 comments:

  1. Linda, this is just stunning. So love the kraft and aubergine colouring. The textures are just so scrumptious with the ribbons and flowers.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and beautiful card Linda fabulous colour's and design
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning creation!! Your paper piecing is fabulous as is the whole design of your card!!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love kraft and purple colour combination. Your card is simply stunning. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, forgot to say ... Congrats on almost 100 followers! :D Yay for you!!!! :D :D :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colour combo with the rich purple and kraft. Did you make the rolled flowers, they match beautifully?
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't take the credit I'm afraid Lorraine, they're from The Ribbon Girl. I keep thinking I'd like to make my own, it's just a time thing really, sooo many things I want to try lol, I just need 36 hour days :p xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous image, and I love the paper piecing. :) Great colors and such stunning flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Linda, I can see you did a paper piecing again, it's so awesome. Love your card, I already saw it on the Magnolia challenge and I said 'WOW'! Have a nice weekend!
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Linda, love your papers and paper piercing Tilda to match is ingenious. Gorgeous layering and design. Thank you so much for coming over to play with us at Midweek Magnolias.
    Hugs Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.... gorgeous card Linda!!! Tilda is awesome!!! I love papers and embellishment!!
    Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us at LHOSM challenge!
    Hugs, Barbara GR

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card...love all your details! Thank you so much for joining us at LHoSM this week.

    Hugs
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card, Linda. I love how you paper pieced Tilda's outfit to match the papers. Thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx