My Lovely Followers

Saturday 5 October 2013

Crafting Clear-out Candy Alert!

Good morning to all my lovely followers and any new visitors dropping by.  I hope you're all ready for a great week-end whether you have special plans, a busy schedule or just relaxing.


I've just made my second Etsy sale so I'm very excited lol, even though I've sold a fair few card privately before, I'm always slightly stunned that people actually want to buy my work so it gives me a warm glow.  


Ok so onto the main reason I'm here.....I've decided that the time has come to have a good sort out of my crafting space.  When I first started making cards I bought stuff I thought I needed and over time I've added to it and will probably keep adding to it when I can afford and find the space.  I have a parcel of goodies due to arrive today and I really need to find space for it lol.  So I've been looking at some of my stuff and have decided that there's certain stuff I just don't use anymore.  This isn't because the items aren't any good, or that I don't like them, just that as I have grown and developed my style more, they don't fit in with what I use anymore.


 I have a lot of pretty designer paper, mostly by First Edition, lots of them are glittered or embellished and they are lovely papers, but don't lend themselves as well to distressing so I haven't used them for months.  They're mainly from 8 x 8 pads, some are almost full pads, I don't use them so rather than let them sit unused I am going to offer them as part of a giveaway.  They would be ideal for anybody starting out or somebody who loves bright designs and wants to add to their collection.


Also when I first started colouring images Promarkers were easily available and I didn't even know you could buy Copics in the UK at that time.  When I started more advanced shading and blending I couldn't get the effects I wanted, I tried a few Copics and was sold on the brush tip.  (of course you can buy a brush tip for Pro-markers too I discovered later after buying a bunch of Copics lol)
I personally cannot get the hang of blending with Pro-markers, it just doesn't work for me the way Copics do, but some people have amazing results with them and also if you don't do a lot of shading they're fab to colour with.  I use Copics now so my poor Pro-markers are sitting there unused, I'd love them to go to a new home where they'll be loved. They are barely used and should last a good while, some of the colours that came in sets haven't been used at all except to mark a colour sheet.


Finally I have some Punches and Dies that I just don't use anymore because I have so many dies now and they are taking up much needed room.  I'm sure somebody could give those a good home.


Soooooo today I will gather and sort and inventory everything and take some photos and I'll be back this afternoon with a Candy post.  There's quite a bit of stuff so I may even have 2 or 3 Candy giveaways for you, so watch this space! :) xx 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh Linda So Many Goodies Here All Of Which I Love I Will Be Stalking Your Blog Lol. Yes I Love My Pens And Really Want To Try Some Coppice But They Ares Do Dear But Those That Do Use Have Amazing Colouring Skills DONT YOU. Have A Good Weekend Can't Wait To See What You Have Been Buying. You Might Want To See About The Postage Costs Before Doing Your Punches Or Ask For The Winner To Pay I Am Sure They Wouldn't Mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pay the postage as I'm not actually buying anything I'm giving away. Tbh the postage on the paper will probably cost me more lol there's rather a lot of it hehe :) xx

      Delete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx