My Lovely Followers

Saturday 21 September 2013

Saturated Canary Honey, Shabby Chic Style

Good morning lovely crafty folk.  Today I'm suffering from a very heavy cold, it started early in the week and I got sent home yesterday afternoon (think they got sick of my ridiculously loud sneezing lol), so I'm not entirely sure I'll get anything made today...BUT, I've been super organised the last couple of weeks and gotten very ahead of myself and have a card already made and another half done....get me!!

I've gone back to taking images into work to colour in my lunch break, and that really helps cut down on the time needed.

This one was made with the latest SC Challenge in mind which is Shabby Chic.


This card is like a super saver deal lol and I used some Magnolia paper I bought on sale and the image was bought when Krista was having a flash sale in her store, with all her digis at 40% off with a code, I'll admit I bought a few different images that day, I love Krista's images and I couldn't resist at that kind of saving, I know I'll use them all eventually : )  
I matted her onto a  small scrap of Crea Diem collection from Maja and matted all DP onto teal coloured cardstock.  All papers were distressed and sewn and inked. I've used the edges of a doily and some cheesecloth behind the image.


This little beauty is called Honey, isn't she gorgeous?
I must admit I took liberties with image (I hope Krista doesn't mind), as she was drawn with a toy rabbit at her feet, but I cut it off as I didn't want her to appear too young. I used a little Glamour Dust to sparkle up her underskirt.


Here you can see some of the flowers I used, and also some die cut swirls and pearl flourish.  (You can also see ..just..some ribbon, lace and a strip from a Maja paper sheet that I seem to have once again almost covered up *sigh)



A view of the bow I added, I added a second bow on top with a scrap of ribbon i had left over and held them all together with a pearl brad. There are more die cut swirls underneath.



I decorated the inside to complement the front. 
To finish the card I added some pearls in graduated sizes, coloured with my Copics to match the image and added several die cut butterflies decorated with some tiny copic coloured pearls. Then I brushed the flowers and some of the edges and swirls with a little white acrylic paint.

I used the following:

Design Paper: Magnolia Special Moments and Maja Crea Diem
Dies & Punches: Go Kreate Frilly /XXL Frilly No 5 and Magnolia Leaf and Swirl (just the Swirl) from BunnyZoe Crafts, X-Cut Butterfly Punch
Image: (Digi) Saturated Canary 'Honey' by Krista Smith 
 Inks/Paint:  Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink and White Acrylic Paint
Colouring Medium: Copic Ciao and Sketch pens ( I buy mine from Sir Stampalot and BunnyZoe Crafts)
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts (rolled paper roses are from The Ribbon Girl)
Ribbon/Lace:Pink Berisford Satin Ribbon, Organza Pleated Ribbon and white lace all from The Ribbon Girl.
Other embellishments:  Black Top Stiching thread (TRG), pearls and Prima flourishes from BunnyZoe Crafts.

I'll be popping this card in my 

ETSY

shop later today.


I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:

Saturated Canary - Shabby Chic
A Creative Romance - Dies or Punches
Hanna & Friends - Special Cardform
Fussy and Fancy - Punches and Dies
Addicted to Stamps -1-2-3 (1 Brad, 2 bows, 3 different size/colour pearls)
Copic Marker Europe - Photo Inspiration
Live & Love Crafts - Inspiration Collage
Inky Chicks - Pretty in Pink
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
7 Kids - Anything Goes with a twist of Vintage

That's it from me, if my sneezing and snuffling holds off enough today I may get some more crafting in, enjoy your day :) xx


12 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card Linda, the colouring is brilliant!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing colouring! I love the colours you have used - so striking.
    Have a great Sunday, Linda...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card! Fab colours and design! beautiful embellies and amazing colouring, I love the way you did the hair. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card and love the hair,thank you for joining us at A Creative Romance.
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Love your coloring! Really gorgeous creation! Thanks for sharing your creation in our Addicted to Stamps Challenge and we hope you’ll join us again for the next one! Hugs, *Vicki* - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Linda this is gorgeous! I love the hair!! and the colour palette!

    I hope you are feeling better!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great coloring! Thanks for participating in the www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely card and the background goes well too, thanks for joining us over on divas by designs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really gorgeous, love the image and your colouring is amazing love how you have done her hair, fabulous shape and layout too, thank you for joining in with Divas By Design
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowzers, this is spectacular!! Thank you for joining in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning colours and I'm in awe of her hair! Thanks for joining us at saturated canary hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! You sound soooo like me! I so often use pretty papers and cover them up with with too many embellishments but is there such a thing as too many? LOL! Your card is gorgeous and I love that image. Great idea on cutting the rabbit just for a bit of age recognition. Great coloring too. So happy to have you join our "Inspiration Collage" challenge at Live and Love Crafts and hope to see you play again!
    Hugs,
    Eulanda
    LLC Designer
    Cards and More Cards

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and feedback and every one left is read and appreciated. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I will always do my best to answer them. Thanks for visiting!

Linda xx